The utility relocation work being done by Metro contractors at the intersection of Wilshire Blvd. and La Brea Ave. will result in the overnight closure of the intersection for five weeks. This will be Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., and Friday nights from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday mornings. This is scheduled to continue until 8 a.m. Saturday, September 20th.
As was the case last week, this operation requires the following closures:
- Wilshire and La Brea intersection closed. (See details that follow.)
- Wilshire reduced to one lane each direction.
- Wilshire westbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto La Brea Ave.
- Wilshire eastbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto La Brea Ave.
- La Brea southbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto Wilshire Blvd.
- La Brea northbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto Wilshire Blvd.
Click here for the notice (pdf file) from the Metro website with more details.
Of course this intersection is not in Melrose Village, though the work there and at Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. can affect us when we’re headed south. With that in mind, and noting that we won’t always be posting these notices, you may want to get the information directly from Metro. Here are several ways to do that:
3) Subscribe to Purple Line Extension email notices. To do this, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be added to their list.