With the work going on in preparation for the construction of the Metro Purple Line Extension, there have been many nights where Wilshire Blvd. and/or La Brea Ave. have been reduced to one lane on one or the other of those streets at the intersection. And there have been occasions, as we have noted here, where this work and the necessary lane limitations have occurred during the day. Next week the work will be overnight, but the intersection will be closed. That is, there will be no lanes that will continue north or south on La Brea Ave. or east or west on Wilshire Blvd.
This work will be happening on the following schedule starting next Monday night:
• Monday, August 11th through Thursday, August 14th from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the next morning
• Friday, August 14th 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday, August 15th
This operation requires the following lane closures:
- Wilshire and La Brea Intersection closed
- Wilshire reduced to one lane each direction.
- Wilshire westbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto La Brea Ave.
- Wilshire eastbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto La Brea Ave.
- La Brea southbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto Wilshire Blvd.
- La Brea northbound traffic will only be able to make a right onto Wilshire Blvd.
So if you’re out in that area those evenings, be prepared to take other streets to get north or south of Wilshire Blvd. or east or west of La Brea Ave.