Anyone who has a dog knows, it’s all about our dogs! This month’s Melrose FAME Fest pays tribute to our best friends with the theme “Dog Days of Summer,” Thursday, June 5th from 6 pm to 10 pm. This happens near the west end of Melrose Village – on Melrose Ave. from Spaulding Ave. to Ogden Dr.
Melrose FAME Fest is presented by the Melrose Avenue Business Improvement District on the first Thursday of each month, bringing artists together for a night of live painting and great music, exciting interactive exhibits and delicious food. The event is for all ages and free. This Thursday, FAME Fest includes:
- A doggie section with great dog products
- “Partners in Crime” doggie dating event and raffle. Brought to you by DogVacay.com
- Find a new canine companion with four rescue organizations: The Rescue Train, Tails of the City, Take Me Home and A Dog’s Life
- Live painting by: Andre Khazper and Tarajosu
- Live mural creation by: shelby and sandy
- Live 3-D installation by: TheArtistMarie
- Live filming of Hersh Rephun & The Real Tiny Show
- Sound provided by: Correa Brothers w live performances by: Inkwell J, DJ L.E.D., DJHAZZE, Jesse Brooks, Mixter Ed, Ant WILD, CA$HUM INN & ICEBEEZY, T.M.B.M
- Dozens of apparel and accessory vendors; and
- Food trucks galore, including Dogtown Dogs and Vchos Pupusas
For ongoing information about FAME Fest, check out their Facebook page.