Melrose Village BID May Launch Next Year

The current issue of the Beverly Press has an article on the long-planned Melrose Village BID.  According to the article, the BID will not launch on January 1, as many had hoped – but it may still launch in 2013.

The BID organizers need to get 50% of the commercial property owners on Melrose Avenue to agree to the BID (and to pay the assessments that will fund its activities).  So far, 42% have signed on.  The organizers hope to pass the 50% threshold in the next few months.

Denis Weintraub, a commercial property owner who is one of the biggest proponents of the BID, said:

People have realized that Melrose will never gain back the international acclaim … unless we do something to get together and pour money into the street. I could see that we’re going to do very, very well. People want to see Melrose come back.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Melrose Village BID May Launch Next Year

  1. Mark says:

    Melrose should push filming on the street. It adds a lot of tourist and local Glamour and brings in a lot of Money. This area has a terrible reputation as fighting against all filming.

  2. Barbara says:

    There are so few walking streets in L.A., Melrose should be competing with Third St. and The Grove–with a few trees, benches and a real clean-up it would be just lovely—and very profitable!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s